Whether you are trying to discover if a driver was off an assigned route or you are trying to fight a speeding ticket, having accurate reporting tools is very important.
We have been discussing the fact that new buses are coming equipped with GPS tracking systems. Here are reasons why that might be one of the most important pieces of equipment you can have on a school bus:
- You will know if your planned schedule is being followed.
- Dispatchers do not have to call drivers to determine their location.
- It can provide parents with a real time website to share information.
- Can spot problems before they occur or as they are happening.
- Monitors and records events as they happen and records them for future play back.
A digital database can also give you information about the driver. It will send you alerts if a driver’s license is getting ready to expire, give you a driver’s work history and a history of incidents for that driver. An investment that’s worth it’s weight in gold!