Let’s pick up where we left off last time with more tips for bad weather.
Keeping extra socks in the glove box:
- During winter, keep a spare pair of socks handy to put on OVER your shoes. This trick gives you better traction in case you have to push your car over ice, or you just need to walk in snow and ice.
- Extra socks can also come in handy for your wiper blades. Use an extra pair to cover your windshield wipers at night to keep ice and snow off them. Raise the wipers and cover them up for easier de-icing in the morning.
- Spare socks are cheap, compact and always useful. Plus they’re convenient as a makeshift cloth in a pinch.
Other tips for your wipers and windshield are:
- Soak a cloth with full-strength rubbing alcohol and wipe each wiper blade. The alcohol will keep the blades from sticking to the window so they will function properly even on the coldest of days.
- If you find yourself without an ice scraper, grab a spatula if you are at home, or any plastic card in your wallet to get under the ice and scrape it away.
- If you can, park your vehicle facing east. The sun coming up will help melt the ice.
- If you can’t park facing east, mix three parts vinegar with one part water and spray the mixture onto your windshield to prevent ice from forming.
Next week we wrap up the year, and these tips, by talking about how to get in frozen car doors !
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all of you from all of us at Carolina Bus Sales ! ! !